Pages

Center Console


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Running

I tend to read, play the piano, and go jogging a lot when I have something to keep off my mind.  Jogging along the sidewalk, counting in time with each cement panel, and the conversations in my mind pushing through topic to topic.  Its almost my own little 'Auto Pilot' setting.  Trying to pace my breathing, feeling the air rushing by chill the trails of sweat down my face, keeping my step pattern in the sidewalk blocks 2-1-2-1-2, feeling the pressure on my calves, and every other tiny detail when running, I find myself focused on those things, and nothing else.  My mind is separately going over things in my head; sorting them, finding solutions, coping to new problems, deciding opinions on new life elements, and clarifying the rest.  When I hit the 2 mile mark I sit in the grass and join back to this separate conscience.  So much could be running through my head still, but this is the place that I stop all of that and look at my beautiful world.




Look at this!  I just sit there and stare.  It is amazing.  I don't know if everyone is the same, but as I sit there I really think about how anyone can simply drive or walk past this view and not acknowledge how magnificent it is.  Maybe I am crazy, but there is never an autumn mood mountain or a full moon that I catch a glimpse of and I don't stop and stare.  Never.  Maybe I am one of the few, but really next time you go out look up at the mountains, the clouds, the stars, the moon, and think about how consistent the Earth is with such glory.  It will always be there for us, to gaze at and appreciate, and for me, it will always be there when I am not realizing how incredible things are aside from petty problems here and there.  I love it.  I love running.  It gives me time to stop and think and gaze :]

No comments:

Post a Comment

- Dash - Dash - Dash -

Go Ahead

Go Ahead
Bite off more than you can chew

Where Amazing Happens