Pages

Center Console


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Follow Up

My last post talked about the mind set I would like to get back into to start achieving things again...well good news, I am in it.  Things have changed quite a bit just from this new drive I am in and I have got some stuff to achieve now that I am back.  So I had my big list from last year, I am thinking I will easily beat it ten fold through the end of this year.  Brigadoon is coming to an end at the moment which in itself turned out to be quite something, and I am very proud of the finished product.  When it does finish though the doors will we much wider open for me to tackle some goals.  I have a list of some short term goals for now:

SHORT TERM GOALS:
  • Try out for the Talent Show on Monday (11/23) with my song, AND make it in!
  • Prepare a comedic monologue for the Straight Play Audition, AND make it in!(12/08)
  • Prove the same 5 popular kids wrong and steal away the Bahoodoray Ball Royalty (Christmas Dance)(12/05)
  • Finishing preparing, then try out for the Go Where I Send Thee solo in Acap choir, and GET it! (11/25)
  • Decide on, and start work on the piece for the Ensemble Festival(By at least Dec. 10)
  • Start preparing a dual monologue piece for my AADA acceptance auditions
 To achieve these goals will just take the simple act of prioritizing them in my schedule.  Time is the key, so I need to be smart and use that key wisely.
The Talent Show goal is something I am very hopeful about and I have been working on very hard for the last couple weeks.  Depending on the competition, my chances could vary from high to low, but that is just statistics, I've risen above that many times before, and that is something I plan to do for the rest of my life.
Next is the Straight Play audition, which doesn't require a whole lot but I am planning to combine it with the AADA audition goal to kill two birds with one stone (which is a correct analogy STEEN)
For the dance Royalty goal it is kind of a silly campaign but I am striving for it, it would mean a lot, and it would be a substantial achievement to add to the end-of-year list.
Now the solo in Acappella is a big task, and I really cant be sure either way how it might go, but I am more devoted to attaining this over all the others.  Mr.Lundie was a very good skill building role for me and I enjoyed it, but I didn't get to work in a musical capacity, and this solo is how I have been occupying that desire throughout the creation of Brigadoon.  It is a sexy solo and I have been working it hard, hope to get it!
Next up is the Solo/Ensemble Festival work.  I have picked my solo piece and need to start putting time into that, preferably with help from Steen or someone of the likes.  I have picked out the entire ensemble group already and we have started work on finding a piece and we've nailed it down to one of two pieces.  So for this goal I just need to start working with the group on both till we decide.
Last is the audition for AADA (American Academy of Dramatic Arts) a conservatory that I hope to attend after high school in New York and Los Angeles.  Thats all there is to that so....yeah. 
I have spent the last half hour writing this, which I guess was productive to organize my goals, but I need to get off my butt now, go jogging, and then start my work. :]
Wish me luck!


-Wolf

1 comment:

  1. Dash! i think it is way great that you plan ahead what you want to achieve, it definitely helps you take grasp of what you want if you know and can plan exactly what you're expecting.It's good that you are being positive and telling yourself that you are going to do something, or make it. Being positive only helps. Keep up with what you're doing, you can only achieve from this point. good luck!

    ReplyDelete

- Dash - Dash - Dash -

Go Ahead

Go Ahead
Bite off more than you can chew

Where Amazing Happens